SubjectRe: Signal/gdb oddity in 2.5.61
roland@redhat.com said:
> Anyone who wants to use an old gdb with a new kernel can use "handle
> SIGSTOP nopass". Is that a real imposition? Anyway, aside from the
> test suite, it only affects gdb users in a way that may confuse them
> for a few seconds but doesn't prevent them from debugging normally.

It may also affect UML, since it has come to know exactly what to expect
from a ptraced process. So, when you have the semantics nailed down and
implemented, can you see if UML still runs?

Not that it's a showstopper if it doesn't, but I'd like to know so I can
fiddle UML so that it continues to run.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.039 / U:2.320 seconds]