SubjectRe: how to interactively break gdb debugging kernel over serial?
David Wuertele wrote:
> I'm debugging the kernel with gdb over a serial port. Breakpoints and
> stepping through code works great, except for the fact that once the
> kernel is running, I can't seem to use Control-C to stop it. Is there
> a keypress or other interactive way to break a running kernel?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Dave,

There are a great number of kgdb patches in the wild. You would help
us out a lot if you were to name the one you are using. If you are on
then 2.5 kernel I suggest you check out Andrew Morton's area and use
that one.

If you are using the one from source forge on a 2.4 kernel, there is a
mailing list for it that can be found at the same sourceforge site.

--
George Anzinger george@mvista.com