    SubjectRe: Synchronous signal delivery..
    On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Davide Libenzi wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Some of it can be pulled in. However, the way the dynamic inode allocation
    > > > works, different kinds of inodes _have_ to have different superblocks,
    > > > since that's the level where the inode allocation and caching works. So
    > > > the fake inodes for a pipe, for example, are _not_ the same as the fake
    > > > inodes for the sigfd's. So not all of it is shared.
    > >
    > > Superblocks will be different, but their "fake" functionality can be
    > > shared. A few parameters like file system name, file system magic number,
    > > root name, ... will be able to do the trick :
    > >
    > > fakefs_t fakefs_create(chat const *root, char const *name, unsigned long magic);
    > > struct inode *fakefs_new_inode(fakefs_t fkfs);
    > > void fakefs_close(fakefs_t fkfs);
    > I'd love to see this. I agree that a fair amount of this should be
    > shareable with the pipe and socket code, for example. But I would call it
    > "virtual" instead of "fake", since there is nothing fake about the inode.
    > A pipe inode is one of the most fundamental and basic things in UNIX, it's
    > not "fake" just because it doesn't live on a harddisk.

    Would something like the folowing work for all those cases ( not tested
    and even compiled ) ...

    - Davide

    #define VIRTFS_NAME_MAX 128
    #define VIRTFS_ROOT_MAX 128

    typedef struct virtfs {
    char name[VIRTFS_NAME_MAX];
    char root[VIRTFS_ROOT_MAX];
    unsigned long magic;
    struct vfsmount *mnt;
    struct file_system_type fst;
    struct dentry_operations dop;
    } *virtfs_t;

    static int virtfs_delete_dentry(struct dentry *dentry) {

    return 1;

    static struct super_block *virtfs_get_sb(struct file_system_type *fs_type,
    int flags, char *dev_name, void *data) {
    virtfs_t vfs = container_of(fs_type, struct virtfs, fst);

    return get_sb_pseudo(fs_type, vfs->root, NULL, vfs->magic);

    virtfs_t virtfs_create(char const *root, char const *name, unsigned long magic) {
    int error;
    virtfs_t vtfs;

    if (!(vtfs = kmalloc(sizeof(struct virtfs), GFP_KERNEL)))
    return ERR_PTR(-ENOMEM);

    memset(vtfs, 0, sizeof(*vtfs));
    strncpy(vtfs->root, root, sizeof(vtfs->root) - 1);
    strncpy(vtfs->name, name, sizeof(vtfs->name) - 1);
    vtfs->magic = magic;
    vtfs-> = vtfs->name;
    vtfs->fst.get_sb = virtfs_get_sb;
    vtfs->fst.kill_sb = kill_anon_super;
    vtfs->dop.d_delete = virtfs_delete_dentry;

    error = register_filesystem(&vtfs->fst);
    if (error)
    goto eexit_1;

    vtfs->mnt = kern_mount(&vtfs->fst);
    error = PTR_ERR(vtfs->mnt);
    if (IS_ERR(vtfs->mnt))
    goto eexit_2;

    return vtfs;

    return ERR_PTR(error);

    int virtfs_new_file(virtfs_t vtfs, struct inode **ninode, struct file **nfile) {
    int error;
    struct qstr this;
    struct dentry *dentry;
    struct inode *inode;
    struct file *file;
    char name[32];

    error = -ENFILE;
    file = get_empty_filp();
    if (!file)
    goto eexit_1;

    inode = new_inode(vtfs->mnt);
    error = PTR_ERR(inode);
    if (IS_ERR(inode))
    goto eexit_2;

    error = -ENOMEM;
    sprintf(name, "[%lu]", inode->i_ino); = name;
    this.len = strlen(name);
    this.hash = inode->i_ino;
    dentry = d_alloc(vtfs->mnt->mnt_sb->s_root, &this);
    if (!dentry)
    goto eexit_3;
    dentry->d_op = &vtfs->dop;
    d_add(dentry, inode);
    file->f_vfsmnt = mntget(vtfs->mnt);
    file->f_dentry = dget(dentry);

    *nfile = file;
    *ninode = inode;

    return 0;
    return error;

    void virtfs_close(virtfs_t vtfs) {

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.024 / U:5.364 seconds]