SubjectRe: openbkweb-0.0
On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 01:56:02PM -0800, Davide Libenzi wrote:
> Larry, I already said this and maybe you missed it ( or maybe not ).
> What about having a GPLed ( or whatever other license ), read-only BK
> available for the ones that simply need to fetch stuff from BK
> repositories ? You don't have to maintain another repository for
> compatibility, and also you enforce BK usage.

We're not going to expose the network protocol. For two reasons:
- it works really well (we're proud of this)
- it is really ugly (we're not proud of this :)

A read only client isn't read only, it has to be read/write to update the
out of date copy.

Believe me, if there was an easy way to give away a version that was not
a problem we would have long since done that.
Larry McVoy lm at