SubjectRe: Synchronous signal delivery..
On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> > > One of the reasons for the "flags" field (which is not unused) was because
> > > I thought it might have extensions for things like alarms etc.
> >
> > I was thinking more like :
> >
> > int timerfd(int timeout, int oneshot);
>
> It could be a separate system call, ...

I would personally like it a lot to have timer events available on
pollable fds. Am I alone in this ?

> but since the infrastructure is hopefully identical (most of the sigfd()
> code is actually creating the fs infrastructure to get an inode with the
> information), it should share a lot of the paths.

About that, I think we should make an utility function to be shared among
all the code that need to create "fake" inodes to expose fds. Right now
many component ( pipes, futexes, epoll, ... ) uses the basic code, sharing
the same needs, and duplicating basically the same code.

- Davide

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.063 / U:16.256 seconds]