    SubjectRe: RFC/CFT 1/1: SIGWINCH - behaviour change
    Date
    > I keep on tripping over an annoying "feature" of our tty layer - if
    > you have a session running with multiple jobs (eg, three ssh sessions)
    > and you resize the window, SIGWINCH is only sent to the foreground
    > process, be it the shell, or one of the ssh sessions.

    This reminds me of a problem I had, which I'd forgotten about, maybe
    it's related:

    I was using a 7N1, (that's not a typo, it really was 7N1), 9600 bps
    serial terminal, and from the shell prompt I connected to a remote
    machine using 8N1. I logged in successfully, but the shell didn't
    work, yet setting the local serial terminal to 8N1 made it work (!).
    After logging out from the remote machine, I had to set the serial
    terminal back to 7N1 to use the local machine.

    Can anybody else reproduce this? My serial terminal is currently out
    of service, (needs some wires soldered on a DB9 connector :-) ).

    John.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.023 / U:0.396 seconds]