    SubjectRe: 3Com 3cr990 driver release
    On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 07:40:32PM +0100, Roman Zippel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Larry McVoy wrote:
    >
    > > And what format lockin? It's an open format, GNU CSSC reads and writes
    > > it just fine, and we've made a point over the years of telling them each
    > > time we change something so that they can continue to read/write our
    > > files. More FUD.
    >
    > Are these changes/extensions documented somewhere or is a patch available?
    > My version of cssc certainly has a few problems, without patching it's
    > very noisy.

    The only change is to accept ^AHxxxxx as well as ^Ahxxxxx as the per file
    checksum. I'm almost positive that someone posted a patch to the kernel
    which made CSSC like BK files.

    If the BK files are compressed, you have to uncompress them first and you
    can't use gunzip to do so, you have to use BK. You could teach CSSC to
    read our compressed files if you like, there is no secret to how we do
    that, the top part of the file containing the graph is uncompressed and
    the rest is compressed, so you have to tickle the code into being able to
    start uncompressing at an offset other than 0.

    The only other difference I know of is that we support files without newlines
    at the end of the file and CSSC doesn't (and I don't blame them, it is
    dramatically more difficult than you might think at first glance).
    --
    ---