SubjectRe: compiling kernel with debug and optimization
Thanks for you reply Keith :)

The reason I asked this question is -- Distro's like RH (i guess it
holds for others too) DONT distribute kernels compiled with -g and
I was wondering why?

Agreed about the compile-time+disk overhead, but that's ONE time
affair. Analyzing a system-core-dump of a "-g" built kernel (using
MCL's crash) is much easier and fruitful than otherwise.

so is it (just) the disk-space overhead that keeps distributions
from NOT compiling with "-g" option?!

Thanks once again,

Regards,
A.