SubjectRe: udev sysfs docs Re: State of devfs in 2.6?
Le mar 09/12/2003 à 10:08, Greg KH a écrit :
> > That's something I don't understand: I thought that with a well
> > configured hotplug+udev system, you'll never have to worry about loading
> > drivers on device-node open() because all drivers should be auto-loaded
> > and all device-nodes should be auto-created.
> >
> > Am I wrong ?
>
> No, you are correct. That's why I'm not really worried about this, and
> I don't think anyone else should be either.

So to attenuate people's worries it should be stated in some form:

A: Such a functionality isn't needed on a properly configured
system. All devices present on the system should generate
hotplug events, loading the appropriate driver, and udev
should notice and create the appropriate device node.
In case of failure, please make a proper bug report.

Of course, you'll have to translate it to correct english.

Xav

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.115 / U:0.076 seconds]