    SubjectRe: Kernel 2.6-test10 on an Opteron
    In article <>,
    Ananda Bhattacharya <> wrote:

    | I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with 2.6
    | on a Dual Opteron system. I have a Broadcom 5702 ethernet
    | card, and the network starts up but it seems slugish. Lilke
    | yobind and and nfs don't start up properly. They fail on
    | startup and I have to run the init scripts by hand. I am
    | also running a crazy Redhat Enterprise Server Beta release. Also
    | I was wondering if anyone has an idea what a good distro
    | for x86-64 bit architectures is?

    Is there a status page for that? I see that Tyan is going to (probably)
    release a four-way board in the near future (post in
    links to pictures, etc) and I deserve a new toy for my birthday in the
    spring, so this is not idle curiousity. When I see the prices it may be,
    but the SMP CPUs are affordable.
    bill davidsen <>
    CTO, TMR Associates, Inc

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.019 / U:0.252 seconds]