SubjectRe: Kernel 2.6-test10 on an Opteron
Date
In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.0312081857200.537-100000@puma.cabm.rutgers.edu>,
Ananda Bhattacharya <anandab@cabm.rutgers.edu> wrote:
| I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with 2.6
| on a Dual Opteron system. I have a Broadcom 5702 ethernet
| card, and the network starts up but it seems slugish. Lilke
| yobind and and nfs don't start up properly. They fail on
| startup and I have to run the init scripts by hand. I am
| also running a crazy Redhat Enterprise Server Beta release. Also
| I was wondering if anyone has an idea what a good distro
| for x86-64 bit architectures is?

Is there a status page for that? I see that Tyan is going to (probably)
release a four-way board in the near future (post in comp.sys.intel
links to pictures, etc) and I deserve a new toy for my birthday in the
spring, so this is not idle curiousity. When I see the prices it may be,
but the SMP CPUs are affordable.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc