SubjectRe: USB/HID UPS issue (was Re: USB scanner issue)

I havent anything to add to your comments, except to make sure you saw
my comments about USB/HID problems that I have encountered with a UPS.

Since the message was short, I reproduce it here:

---

I am posting this here since I dont seem to be able to post to
either of the USB lists.

In working with the code apcupsd, I have found two problems that appeare
in the 2.6.0-testX kernels that did not appear in the 2.4.x series of kernels.

(1) When doing a read to get hiddev_event structures, 2.4 only
gave the 'real' events from the device that one expected.
Under 2.6.0-testx there are several ZERO event structures/sec
where the entire structure is ZERO, both hid and value.

For the current code there may be a 'real' event every few
seconds, and 5-10 of these zero events/sec. I have no
idea where they are coming from.

(2) In one thread the code does a select, followed by a read if
data is available. If one just 'falls thru' to the read with
the few lines of code it takes to do the checking, one gets
up to 45000 messages/minute (750/sec) reading:

kernel: drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: control queue full

If one puts a 1/10sec sleep between these two commands, the
error messages go away.

Anyone know anything about either of these errors?
Or how to report them to the USB people if you cant post to the USB lists?

--
Reg.Clemens
reg@dwf.com