SubjectRe: Catching NForce2 lockup with NMI watchdog - found?
On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 16:33, Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 15:42, Ian Kumlien wrote:
> Its a pity that as Bart said, those numbers dont reflect any sort of
> revision as that might lead to a conclusion about why it happens on some
> and not others.

Yeah i saw that aswell...

> > Btw, i have UDMA100 disks.. 2 disks on primary and 2 cdroms on
> > secondary... I dunno if this could make any difference..
>
> 1 ata133 primary master and dvdrw and cdrom on secondary here.

I'm just wondering if it could be a relation to the disk aswell or so..

> > Good luck =)
>
> You too :)

Heh, thanks =)

Now, about this ACPI powersave thing, wouldn't that be enabled in
windows aswell? So wouldn't this workaround be something that $other_os
doesn't have to do.

(In general i have always had to hack windows into not crashing when
linux worked and doing it the other way around without a real fix dosn't
sound that nice in my ears.. =P)

It would be interesting to hear from nvidia about nmi_watchdog... Since
nmi_watchdog with the 'not-done-correctly' APIC patch claims that nmi is
stalled/locked/doesn't work... If nvidia states that this *should* work,
then we have something to go on.

Also, if Allen Martin (nvidia) could go trough the proc/interrupts and
tell us if something is wrong, like the XT-PIC on timer. Or just give us
a correct listing, since noone had io-apic-edge on timer before afair.

--
Ian Kumlien <pomac () vapor ! com> -- http://pomac.netswarm.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.049 / U:0.452 seconds]