    SubjectRe: Catching NForce2 lockup with NMI watchdog - found?
    On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 15:42, Ian Kumlien wrote:
    > On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 14:36, Craig Bradney wrote:
    > > On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 03:08, Ian Kumlien wrote:
    > > > You could always move eth0 to a different slot. Other than that, you can
    > > > do manual config for the irq's in the bios, but it shouldn't be
    > > > needed...
    > >
    > > eth0 is the 3com onboard on the a7n8x deluxe...
    >
    > I find that so odd... My on board network controller is a realtec phys
    > controlled by a nvidia mac. Same goes for audio.

    Yes.. maybe if I was using the onboard nvidia nic it would not share..
    Not sure.

    > > Having finally woken up (me not the pc), uptime here is now 12 hours..
    > > (without the CPU Disconnect athcool run, just the kernel patch). I did
    > > run the athcool program to check the result though:
    > >
    > > nVIDIA nForce2 (10de 01e0) found
    > > 'Halt Disconnect and Stop Grant Disconnect' bit is enabled.
    >
    > nVIDIA nForce2 (10de 01e0) found
    > 'Halt Disconnect and Stop Grant Disconnect' bit is enabled.

    Its a pity that as Bart said, those numbers dont reflect any sort of
    revision as that might lead to a conclusion about why it happens on some
    and not others.

    > > Perhaps my motherboard and cpu doesnt have a problem with disconnect and
    > > just the IRQ issue, perhaps because its only a few weeks old. It would
    > > make sense in some ways given that my system has only one of the
    > > problems given the uptime I have been able to reach.
    >
    > Mine is 2 weeks old or so..

    > > My hangs have always been when I have used the PC.. and often completed
    > > a task and then a few seconds later it goes.
    >
    > Mine always seems to hang after a certain amount of time... When id
    > didn't do a grep in the kernel lib.

    I've just come hom to find my grep -R a /usr/* and my 4gb dvd grep have
    completed correctly... 14 hours uptime now.

    > Btw, i have UDMA100 disks.. 2 disks on primary and 2 cdroms on
    > secondary... I dunno if this could make any difference..

    1 ata133 primary master and dvdrw and cdrom on secondary here.

    > > Will see in time I guess
    >
    > Good luck =)

    You too :)

    Craig

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.022 / U:61.616 seconds]