SubjectRe: Linux GPL and binary module exception clause?

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Jason Kingsland wrote:

> Any binary loadable kernel module can be considered a "user program"
> Any interface defined in the kernel header files can be considered a "normal
> system call"

I disagree. No definition of "system call" implies "any random function".
That's a technical term with a technical definition, and that technical
definition is in no way ambiguous when we are talking about a kernel.

Linus

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans