    SubjectRE: Linux GPL and binary module exception clause?
    Date
    > So far, I don't see any reason why a module that uses an
    > inline function provided via a kernel header could be distributed in
    binary
    > format without being a "derived work" and thus bound by the GPL.

    Yeah, the same reason that XFS, NUMA, etc are derived works from Unix
    since they must include Unix header files.

    What, maybe there are no inline functions there? No problem. SCO could
    make stuff like spinlocks inline. And suddenly you are derived works
    now.

    I just don't see how this actually works as you said.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.021 / U:0.044 seconds]