SubjectRE: Linux GPL and binary module exception clause?
> So far, I don't see any reason why a module that uses an
> inline function provided via a kernel header could be distributed in
> format without being a "derived work" and thus bound by the GPL.

Yeah, the same reason that XFS, NUMA, etc are derived works from Unix
since they must include Unix header files.

What, maybe there are no inline functions there? No problem. SCO could
make stuff like spinlocks inline. And suddenly you are derived works

I just don't see how this actually works as you said.