SubjectRe: NForce2 pseudoscience stability testing (2.6.0-test11) - IRQ flood related ?
cheuche+lkml@free.fr wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Along with the lockups already described here, I've noticed an
>unidentified source of interrupts on IRQ7.

Have you seen "IRQ7 Disabled" errors?

On my nforce2 mboard(MSI K7N2 MCP2-T) I would
see that err if onboard ethernet was enabled. I haven't gotten
eth to work and I have to disable onboard ethernet. I
had to disable usb for a while, now it just doesn't work
but doesn't cause a problem so I disable it anyway. I
am using a tulip card instead of onboard ethernet. I
disable the parallel port.

This is /proc/interrupts with apic, lapic, onboard eth
disabled, parallel disabled, bios flash, stable with
kernel 2.6.0-test* test11 no irq 7!

cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0
0: 47830174 XT-PIC timer
1: 24026 IO-APIC-edge i8042
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
4: 228 IO-APIC-edge serial
8: 1 IO-APIC-edge rtc
9: 0 IO-APIC-level acpi
12: 125368 IO-APIC-edge i8042
14: 22 IO-APIC-edge ide0
15: 24 IO-APIC-edge ide1
16: 592751 IO-APIC-level 3ware Storage Controller, yenta, yenta
17: 1309695 IO-APIC-level eth0
21: 0 IO-APIC-level NVidia nForce2
NMI: 0
LOC: 47829780
ERR: 0
MIS: 4

-Bob

> Several people posted their
>/proc/interrupts but it only shows interrupts a driver registered and is
>using. I noticed a non-constant stream of interrupts on IRQ7 using sar
>and I am also able to see it under /proc/interrupts when loading
>parport_pc with options to get the driver using the interrupt. However
>it is not related to the parallel port because putting it on IRQ5 or
>disabling it in the BIOS does not affect the stream of interrupts on
>IRQ7. I wonder if people experiencing lockup problems also have these
>noise interrupts, and I don't know if this has something to do with the
>lockups or if it is an independant problem.
>
>Of course, booting with noapic nolapic, the system is rock-solid, and
>the interrupt counter on IRQ7 stays solidly at 1 (should it be 0 ?),
>until I use something on the parallel port of course.
>
>Motherboard : abit nfs7-s v2.0, nforce2 chipset
>Kernels : 2.6.0-test9, 2.6.0-test10, 2.6.0-test10-mm1, 2.6.0-test11
>
>/proc/interrupts with apic+lapic, shortly after boot, already 408
>interrupts on IRQ7 :
> CPU0
> 0: 121148 XT-PIC timer
> 1: 279 IO-APIC-edge i8042
> 2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
> 7: 408 IO-APIC-edge parport0
> 8: 4 IO-APIC-edge rtc
> 9: 0 IO-APIC-level acpi
> 14: 2591 IO-APIC-edge ide0
> 15: 2916 IO-APIC-edge ide1
> 16: 47 IO-APIC-level eth0
> 18: 0 IO-APIC-level EMU10K1
> 19: 4373 IO-APIC-level mga@PCI:2:0:0
> 20: 31 IO-APIC-level ohci-hcd
> 21: 0 IO-APIC-level ehci_hcd, NVidia nForce2
> 22: 0 IO-APIC-level ohci-hcd
>NMI: 0
>LOC: 120982
>ERR: 0
>MIS: 0
>
>/proc/interrupts with noapic and nolapic, with IRQ7 showing only 1
>interrupt since boot :
> CPU0
> 0: 803521 XT-PIC timer
> 1: 1446 XT-PIC i8042
> 2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
> 5: 54875 XT-PIC mga@PCI:2:0:0
> 7: 1 XT-PIC parport0
> 8: 4 XT-PIC rtc
> 9: 0 XT-PIC acpi
> 10: 16027 XT-PIC ohci_hcd,eth0, NVidia nForce2
> 11: 1903732 XT-PIC bttv0, ehci_hcd, EMU10K1
> 12: 9416 XT-PIC ohci_hcd
> 14: 8513 XT-PIC ide0
> 15: 3910 XT-PIC ide1
>NMI: 0
>LOC: 0
>ERR: 0
>MIS: 0
>

>Mathieu
>-

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.351 / U:0.248 seconds]