SubjectRe: lilo and system maps?
If I'm not mistaken the map file specified in map= is -not- the System.map
file of the kernel, it's a lilo specific map file and has nothing to do
with System.map. Indeed it'll probably overwrite the System.map file.
you don't want to specify map= anything other than /boot/map unless your
/boot directory is somewhere else. As for system.map I have my boot
scripts deleting and symbolic linking /boot/System.map to
/boot/System.map-`uname -r` (these files actually exist) right after boot.
(not sure maybe this isalready done by the standard distribution of RH, I
do remember fooling around with it though...)

Cheers,
MaZe.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans