SubjectRe: Is it safe to ignore UDMA BadCRC errors?
Eric D. Mudama writes:
> Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:06:43 -0700
>
> On Tue, Dec 30 at 6:38, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> >I replaced the cable with a brand new one and I'm still getting the
> >CRC errors. What now?
>
> Do you know if you're doing reads or writes when the errors occur?

I've been led to believe, from a response in this thread, that the
errors must be generated by reads, because someone asserted that no
CRC checking is done on writes.

> What motherboard/chipset are you using with this drive?

The motherboard is a SuperMicro S2DGU, but the IDE controller having
the problem is not on the motherboard, it's a Promise Ultra66 card.

> Is the environment especially warm?

No, I don't think so, and I just installed a brand new Antec 550W
power supply, so I would imagine that I've got more than enough power
and the power supply fans plus the additional case and CPU fans should
be enough to cool the machine adequately.

Thanks,

jik

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.083 / U:0.164 seconds]