    SubjectRe: best AMD motherboard for Linux
    On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Tomas Szepe wrote:

    > On Dec-28 2003, Sun, 18:48 +0100
    > DervishD <> wrote:
    > > > planning to get GeForce FX graphics card, if it makes a difference.
    > >
    > > Ask here before if you are planning to change your video card.
    > nVidia translates to "trouble" around here. Selected Radeon cards,
    > on the other hand, work perfectly with opensource drivers and should
    > perform comparably.

    I'm not sure how you're defining "comparably". If you mean they get
    similar numbers from glxgears, that's possible. But the feature sets are
    not at all comparable. Nvidia's linux driver actually exposes the
    features available on modern graphics hardware.

    If you're going to advise against the use of their products in a public
    forum, I suggest you be a lot more specific.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.019 / U:143.004 seconds]