    SubjectRe: Synaptics problems in -mm1

    > > > Ok, are you running with cpufreq?
    > >
    > > Yes, but
    > > 1) I've been on AC all the time.
    > > 2) 2.6.0 works.
    > >

    > Well, I have a daemon that monitors load and dynamically switches
    > between high and low frequency...

    Sure, I've got one, too, but configured it to always go full throttle
    when on AC.

    > > > I think it ACPI PM timer if you have it activated - I am having
    > > > problems with it myself but didn't have time to look closer. Could
    > > > you try booting with clock=tsc or clock=pit and see if it fixes the
    > > > touchpad.
    > >
    > > clock=tsc appears to fix the problem.
    > > clock=pit no change.
    >
    > Ok, good. So it is the timer funkiness. I would suggest not using ACPI
    > PM timer for now then. And yes, timer_pit does not have cpufreq hooks
    > either so it probably not the best timesource with cpufreq either,
    > so stick with TSC.

    Stupid me, I absolutely forgot that I had enabled CONFIG_X86_PM_TIMER
    (nonexistent in 2.6.0 stock) which indeed seems to be the culprit.
    Please accept my apologies. -mm1 with that config option unset won't
    lose the stick, either.

    Thanks!

    --
    Tomas Szepe <szepe@pinerecords.com>