    SubjectSUCCESS Re: 2.6.0-test11-mm1
    Date
    Hi, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > [ 2.6.0-mm1 ]

    "User" report: I've had lost of stability problems with 2.6-test*,
    including 2.6.0-no_test, on my laptop. Stuff like misplaced characters
    in Galeon, crashing Konsole, inexplicable delays in pan, et al., which
    never happened with 2.4.

    For what it's worth, these seem to be gone for good since I rebooted into
    -mm1 this morning. So, thanks to whoever's responsible for the patch that
    actually fixed the problem.

    If somebody _really_ needs to know, I can try to binary-search for the
    patch that's responsible, but it'd take a month to find out anything
    conclusive -- ten reboots, two days of stress testing each in order to
    eliminate false positives, and a few days of no-computer-please,
    I-need-a-holiday time. Thus, I'd rather not.

    I've stored a Bitkeeper archive of the -mm1 patches (one changeset per
    patch) to bk://smurf.bkbits.net/linux-2.6-mm, for those (like me ;-)
    who don't like to work with patches. I'll keep that up-to-date so that
    there's a clean upgrade path.

    --
    Matthias Urlichs | {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de | smurf@smurf.noris.de
    - -