SubjectRe: Make ppp_async callable from hard interrupt
On 25/12/2003 at 02:22, Andrew Morton wrote:

> (Marcel Sebek) wrote:

> > If this is true, skb will be used uninitialized.
>
> True. Here's an updated patch.

I applied the first patch to 2.6.0-ben1 (benH's tree) and had a couple
of hard freezes on my iBook. Not on the first ppp connection since boot,
but around 4th or 5th).

I _suspect_ (with absolutely no evidence) this was the same problem as
the ppp oopses pointed by other people with 2.6.0-mm1.

But I was under X and nothing was written to the logs (ie. no info at
all about the error), so I couldn't tell if the culprit was ppp_async.

And this was the very first time I used my modem (rs-232 with usb-serial
/ ftdi_sio) with 2.6, so I had too little info to post anything here.

But the fact is that with this lastest patch (w/ the correction pointed
by Marcel Sebek, everything seems to work ok here (about half a dozen
connections w/o problems).

Just wanted to add some info in case it could be useful to track this
issue.

Feel free to ask any additional info, I'll be glad if I can help in any
way.

A big thank you to everyone and season's greetings

--
Kiko