SubjectRe: DevFS vs. udev
On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 09:12, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Le mar 23/12/2003 à 12:51, Bradley W. Allen a écrit :
> > DevFS was written by an articulate person who solved a lot of
> > problems. udev sounds more like a thug who's smug about winning,
> > not explaining himself, saying things like "oh, the other guy
> > disappeared, so who cares, you have to use my code, too bad it sucks".
> [...]
> > I've spent two hours on this problem, and that's absurd;
>
> Man, you've convinced me !
> You've spent *two* hours on this problem ? Woah, these K-H and Viro
> guys must be dorks if they don't subscribe to your theories. Who are
> they to think their opinion matters more than yours, who spent *two*
> hours on this problem ?
>
> Are you the new DevFS's maintainer ?
In spite you trying to make him sound foolish, I still think he has some
good points. DevFS works great and it never did something that was
broken for me, so I see no point in replacing it. Maybe Greg K-H and Al
Viro can step in an enlighten us once and for all.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.115 / U:1.188 seconds]