Subjectsynaptics mouse jitter in 2.6.0
I am running Fedora Core 1 updated on a Presario 12XL325 laptop.  For a
long time during the 2.5 series I couldn't use the synaptics support. As
a result, I haven't tested this for some time. I just compiled a fresh
2.6.0 tree, included synaptics support and now I am getting mouse jitter.

The easiest way to see this is to open Mozilla and go to a page with a lot
of text links such as a news site with links to a number of stories.
With synaptics support compiled in I get side to side jitter when moving
the mouse over a link. It looks as if my finger has a nervous twitch in
it. Then, when I take my finger off the touchpad to click on the link,
the mouse cursor jumps about an eighth of an inch in a random direction. It
is very annoying since the jump takes it off the link and I can't click on
it.

Compiling synaptics support out gets me back to a stable mouse cursor.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.963 / U:0.328 seconds]