    SubjectRe: [RFC,PATCH] use rcu for fasync_lock
    Davide Libenzi wrote:
    > First, f_op->poll() does not allow you to send and event mask,
    > and this requires the driver to indiscriminately wake up both IN and OUT
    > waiters. The second area will be to give the driver to specify some "info"
    > wake_up_info(&wq, XXXX);

    I agree totally, both of these are (and always were, isn't it amazing
    how long these things take) the way to do it "properly".

    > The good thing is that migration can be gradual, beside the initial
    > dumb compile fixing to suite the new f_op->poll() interface.

    Even that's trivial, if a little time consuming, as it's only a
    function signature change. Actually using the extra argument is
    optional for each driver.

    -- Jamie

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.020 / U:18.000 seconds]