SubjectRe: PROBLEM: nForce2 keeps crashing during network activity
Date
>>Jens Kübler wrote:

>> Hi
> >
> > My computer will freeze if I produce heavy network traffic. The crashes
> > happen after an arbitrary time and seem not to be related to hardware
> > defects. I tried the onboard nic and the rtl8139 which worked fine for me
> > with my old mainboard. I've copied the same file with windowsXP and tried
> > some other heavy network traffic just to see wheater it might be an
> > hardware error but the system was stable. After I have started to import
> > my home directory via NFS the crashes became more often. I will crash my
> > system if I copy a big file via SMB.
> > I had the problem with Mandrake 9.1 and now with 9.2 and even compiled my
> > own kernel (mandrake source) with no effect.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >

>Boot with noapic or acpi=off
> --
>Regards
>Thomas

If the noapic or acpi=off stabilizes it for you and you want to run with apic
and io-apic then my patches may help.

You can find them in this thread

Updated Lockup Patches, 2.4.22 - 23 Nforce2, apic timer ack delay, ioapic edge
for NMI debug

If unsubscribed you can find it here
http://linux.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/Kernel/2003-12/4673.html
or here
http://lkml.org/lkml/2003/12/21/156

Regards
Ross Dickson

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.065 / U:0.104 seconds]