SubjectRe: IDE-SCSI oops in 2.6.0-test11
Date
In article <1070407849.12502.17.camel@athlonxp.bradney.info>,
Craig Bradney <cbradney@zip.com.au> wrote:
| On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 00:10, bill davidsen wrote:
| > In article <1070401986.12502.6.camel@athlonxp.bradney.info>,
| > Craig Bradney <cbradney@zip.com.au> wrote:
| > | Just as an fyi, Im on a 2600, same mobo (well, v2 1007 bios).. 2.6 test
| > | 11, acpi on, local apic on, apic on.
| > |
| > | Can burn CDs and DVD+RWs without IDE-SCSI just fine.
| >
| > I bet you're using a recent cdrecord and growisofs, both of which have
| > had Linux-specific code added to use the non-SCSI interface. Programs
| > which are written for SCSI won't run on that interface.

At this point I'll sat thanks for all the version numbers, and ask if
you have noted if the DVD burn is using DMA or not. If your system CPU
is very low it clearly is. I haven't checked to see if an audio burn
uses DMA, data CD burn clearly does. That one I can check this weekend,
my 2.6 boxen here have no burners.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc