    SubjectRe: [OT] use of patented algorithms in the kernel ok or not?
    If you are not the patent holder and are not licensed by them,
    then I don't think you have the right to be publishing code
    using it, anywhere, Linux kernel or elsewhere.

    And I presume that if we found code in the kernel that used a
    patent that had not been released by its holder for use under
    the GPL, we would rip that code out.

    And I am not a lawyer. You should ignore my advice above, and
    obtain the council of a qualified attorney, before continuing
    on the path you considering.

    I won't rest till it's the best ...
    Programmer, Linux Scalability
    Paul Jackson <> 1.650.933.1373

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.021 / U:93.580 seconds]