SubjectRe: [OT] use of patented algorithms in the kernel ok or not?
If you are not the patent holder and are not licensed by them,
then I don't think you have the right to be publishing code
using it, anywhere, Linux kernel or elsewhere.

And I presume that if we found code in the kernel that used a
patent that had not been released by its holder for use under
the GPL, we would rip that code out.

And I am not a lawyer. You should ignore my advice above, and
obtain the council of a qualified attorney, before continuing
on the path you considering.

I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability
Paul Jackson <> 1.650.933.1373