    SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test9 - poor swap performance on low end machines
    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Andrew Morton wrote:

    > It could well be that something is simply misbehaving in there

    I have my suspicions about inter-zone balancing in 2.6.

    Something seems wrong, but I can't quite put my finger
    on it yet. This should have quite some impact in the
    1 - 4 GB range and a test (done by somebody else, I can't
    give you the details yet unfortunately) has shown there
    is a problem.

    I'm working on it and should come up with a patch soon.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.018 / U:38.864 seconds]