SubjectRe: More questions about 2.6 /proc/meminfo was: (Mem: and Swap: lines in /proc/meminfo)
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Mike Fedyk wrote:

> VmallocUsed is being reported in /proc/meminfo in 2.6 now.
>
> Is VmallocUsed contained within any of the other memory reported below?

No.

> How can I get VmallocUsed from userspace in earlier kernels (2.[024])?

You can't.

> And the same questions with PageTables too. :)

Same answers ;)

Maybe I should send marcelo a patch to export the PageTables
number in /proc somewhere ?

> Are Dirty: and Writeback: counted in Inactive: or are they seperate?

They're unrelated statistics to active/inactive and will
overlap with active/inactive.

> Does Mapped: include all files mmap()ed, or only the executable ones?

Mapped: includes all mmap()ed pages, regardless of executable
status.