    SubjectRe: PROBLEM: floppy motor spins when floppy module not installed
    Quote from "Richard B. Johnson" <>:

    > Yes, and I recall we agreed to disagree where the FDC stop must
    > be put, but we both agreed that it must be stopped. I still contend
    > that since the Linux startup code takes control away from the BIOS,
    > it's that codes responsibility to turn OFF things that the BIOS
    > might have left ON.

    Well, on a practical level, yes, I agree with you, it is the easiest
    way to solve the problem.

    On a technical level, I still think that the BIOS configuration is
    broken if it leaves the floppy motor on, on a system running a kernel
    without the floppy code compiled in.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.129 / U:2.508 seconds]