SubjectRe: udev sysfs docs Re: State of devfs in 2.6?
Le mer 10/12/2003 à 21:06, Witukind a écrit :
> On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:02:46 +0100
> Xavier Bestel <xavier.bestel@free.fr> wrote:
> > Come on ... the stock kernel from your distribution will do the
> > modprobe for you when you access the floppy, I'm sure you're skilled
> > enough to configure your own kernel to do the same.
> > And if you don't want to recompile, just chmod +s modprobe - on your
> > small machine which needs to save 60k, I bet you're the only user. Or
> > use sudo.
> >
> > Xav
>
> I was expecting this kind of reply. Like "if you have an older hardware you
> can fuck off".

Wow ... how can you understand this in my text ? Because I'm guessing he
is the only user on his machine ? This has nothing to do with small
machines, but with system configuration: load on-demand may be done
without devfs.
Well, I wish do apologize to Måns if he thought I was ridiculing his
hardware. Just take out the last sentence with "modprobe" if it bothers
you.

Xav

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.155 / U:0.360 seconds]