    SubjectRe: Extremely slow network with e1000 & ip_conntrack
    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Harald Welte wrote:

    > yes, this is certainly a problem - but not with conntrack, only with
    > nat. So maybe we should add a safeguard, preventing
    > iptables_nat/ipchains/ipfwadm from being loaded when TSO on any
    > interface is enabled? Or at least print a warining in syslog?

    TSO can be enabled while NAT is running so you better do this in the
    packet flow or if there is a suitable notifier hook that can be used.

    Most firewalls etc load the ruleset before activating the
    interfaces, i..e before even loading the nic drivers, so there is no
    interfaces to look at when iptables_nat is loaded.

    Regards
    Henrik

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.019 / U:0.624 seconds]