    Subject2.6.0-test11-mjb2
    The patchset contains mainly performance, scalability and NUMA stuff,
    and anything else that stops things from irritating me. It's meant to be
    pretty stable, not so much a testing ground for new stuff.

    I'd be very interested in feedback from anyone willing to test on any
    platform, however large or small.

    ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mbligh/2.6.0-test11/patch-2.6.0-test11-mjb2.bz2

    Since 2.6.0-test11-mjb1 (~ = changed, + = added, - = dropped)

    Notes: Major resync with akpm, and merged 4/4 split

    Now in Linus' tree:

    Dropped:

    - nolock Dave McCracken
    Not really dropped, but folded into the objrmap patch

    New:

    ~ kgdb Various
    Grabbed updated version from akpm

    + ppc64_bar_0_fix Anton Blanchard
    + ppc64_reloc_hide Anton Blanchard / Paul Mackerras
    + ppc64_sched_clock_fix Anton Blanchard / Paul Mackerras
    + ppc64_use_statfs64 Anton Blanchard
    + ppc64_compat_clock Olaf Hering
    + ppc64_numa_sign_extn Anton Blanchard
    + ppc64_IRQ_INPROGRESS_fix Anton Blanchard
    PPC 64 fixups

    ~ lockmeter John Hawkes / Hanna Linder
    Updated version from akpm + rolled in fixes

    + vm86_sysenter_fix Brian Gerst
    Re-enable sysenter after task switch

    + oops_dump_preceding_code Andrew Morton
    dump opcodes preceding and after the offending EIP.

    + 4g4g Ingo Molnar
    Provide a 4G/4G user/kernel split for 32 bit memory lushes.

    ~ emulex Emulex / Pat Mansfield
    New version that can be compiled in (not a module)

    ~ implicit_huge_pages Adam Litke / wli / Brian T.
    New version to fix up some bogons on PPC64.

    ~ kcg Adam Litke
    Seemed we lost the PPC64 support somehow. put it back.

    + multiple_emulex Jose Santos
    Performance fix for multiple emulex cards.

    Pending:
    lotsa_sds
    config_numasched
    list_of_lists
    Hyperthreaded scheduler (Ingo Molnar)
    scheduler callers profiling (Anton or Bill Hartner)
    Child runs first (akpm)
    Kexec
    e1000 fixes
    pidmaps_nodepages (Dave Hansen)

    Present in this patch:

    kgdb Various
    Stolen from akpm's 2.6.0-test10-mm1

    poll_eepro100
    Polled net driver for kgdb.

    poll_tlan
    Polled net driver for kgdb.

    poll_tulip
    Polled net driver for kgdb.

    poll_tg3
    Polled net driver for kgdb.

    poll_8139too
    Polled net driver for kgdb.

    ppc64_bar_0_fix Anton Blanchard
    PPC 64 fixups

    ppc64_reloc_hide Anton Blanchard / Paul Mackerras
    PPC 64 fixups

    ppc64_sched_clock_fix Anton Blanchard / Paul Mackerras
    PPC 64 fixups

    ppc64_use_statfs64 Anton Blanchard
    PPC 64 fixups

    ppc64_compat_clock Olaf Hering
    PPC 64 fixups

    ppc64_numa_sign_extn Anton Blanchard
    PPC 64 fixups

    ppc64_IRQ_INPROGRESS_fix Anton Blanchard
    PPC 64 fixups

    spinlock_inlining Andrew Morton & Martin J. Bligh
    Inline spinlocks for profiling. Made into a ugly config option by me.

    lockmeter John Hawkes / Hanna Linder
    Locking stats.

    vm86_sysenter_fix Brian Gerst
    Re-enable sysenter after task switch

    oops_dump_preceding_code Andrew Morton
    dump opcodes preceding and after the offending EIP.

    4g4g Ingo Molnar
    Provide a 4G/4G user/kernel split for 32 bit memory lushes.

    early_printk Dave Hansen / Keith Mannthey
    Allow printk before console_init

    confighz Andrew Morton / Dave Hansen
    Make HZ a config option of 100 Hz or 1000 Hz

    config_page_offset Dave Hansen / Andrea
    Make PAGE_OFFSET a config option

    numameminfo Martin Bligh / Keith Mannthey
    Expose NUMA meminfo information under /proc/meminfo.numa

    sched_tunables Robert Love
    Provide tunable parameters for the scheduler (+ NUMA scheduler)

    partial_objrmap Dave McCracken
    Object based rmap for filebacked pages.

    local_balance_exec Martin J. Bligh
    Modify balance_exec to use node-local queues when idle

    tcp_speedup Martin J. Bligh
    Speedup TCP (avoid double copy) as suggested by Linus

    disable preempt Martin J. Bligh
    I broke preempt somehow, temporarily disable it to stop accidents

    aiofix2 Mingming Cao
    fixed a bug in ioctx_alloc()

    config_irqbal Keith Mannthey
    Make irqbalance a config option

    percpu_real_loadavg Dave Hansen / Martin J. Bligh
    Tell me what the real load average is, and tell me per cpu.

    per_node_rss Matt Dobson
    Track which nodes tasks mem is on, so sched can be sensible.

    pfn_to_nid Martin J. Bligh
    Dance around the twisted rats nest of crap in i386 include.

    gfp_node_strict Dave Hansen
    Add a node strict binding as a gfp mask option

    page_lock William Lee Irwin
    Conditionally convert mapping->page_lock back to an rwlock

    irqbal_fast Adam Litke
    Balance IRQs more readily

    kcg Adam Litke
    Acylic call graphs from the kernel. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

    numa_mem_equals Dave Hansen
    mem= command line parameter NUMA awareness.

    schedstat Rick Lindsley
    Provide lotsa scheduler statistics

    autoswap Con Kolivas
    Auto-tune swapiness

    mbind_part1 Matt Dobson
    Bind some memory for NUMA.

    mbind_part2 Matt Dobson
    Bind some more memory for NUMA.

    emulex driver Emulex
    Driver for emulex fiberchannel cards

    qlogic driver Qlogic
    The qlogic driver

    protocol254 Paul Mackerras / Omkhar
    Allow protocol 254

    slabtune Dave McCracken
    Take slab in bigger bites on larger machines

    less_bouncy Martin J. Bligh
    Stop bouncing warm tasks cross node

    topdown Bill Irwin
    Turn userspace upside down for fun & profit

    sysfs_vs_dcache Maneesh Soni
    Fix race.

    pci_topology Matt Dobson
    Expose PCI NUMA topology to userspace

    stacktrace Adam Litke
    Stack backtracing via frame pointers

    implicit_huge_pages Adam Litke / wli / Brian T.
    Implicit huge pages for mmap and shmem

    amd_sysrq_t Badari
    Fix amd sysrq+t not to print the same stack for everyone. Doh!

    -mjb Martin J. Bligh
    Add a tag to the makefile

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.035 / U:32.660 seconds]