    SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test11-wli-1
    Date
    In article <Pine.LNX.4.58.0312091859330.2313@montezuma.fsmlabs.com>,
    Zwane Mwaikambo <zwane@arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
    | On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
    |
    | > On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 12:01:20PM -0800, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
    | > > Successfully tested on a Thinkpad T21. Any feedback regarding
    | > > performance would be very helpful. Desktop users should notice top(1)
    | > > is faster, kernel hackers that kernel compiles are faster, and highmem
    | > > users should see much less per-process lowmem overhead.
    | >
    | > Bill Davidsen reported an issue where compiled kernel images aren't
    | > properly distinguished from mainline kernels' by installation scripts.
    | >
    | > The following patch should resolve this:
    |
    | Argh, i've been screaming about this for ages...

    Look, I'm a big boy now, I should be smart enough to *check* this,
    because every once in a while other people (you know who you are) do it
    too. My fault, I just noted it because other people may not be backed up
    as well as I am and shoot their only working kernel.

    --
    bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
    CTO, TMR Associates, Inc