SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test11-wli-1
In article <>,
Zwane Mwaikambo <> wrote:
| On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
| > On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 12:01:20PM -0800, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
| > > Successfully tested on a Thinkpad T21. Any feedback regarding
| > > performance would be very helpful. Desktop users should notice top(1)
| > > is faster, kernel hackers that kernel compiles are faster, and highmem
| > > users should see much less per-process lowmem overhead.
| >
| > Bill Davidsen reported an issue where compiled kernel images aren't
| > properly distinguished from mainline kernels' by installation scripts.
| >
| > The following patch should resolve this:
| Argh, i've been screaming about this for ages...

Look, I'm a big boy now, I should be smart enough to *check* this,
because every once in a while other people (you know who you are) do it
too. My fault, I just noted it because other people may not be backed up
as well as I am and shoot their only working kernel.

bill davidsen <>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc