SubjectRe: Linux GPL and binary module exception clause?
On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 03:38:02PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Larry McVoy wrote:
> > Not only that, I think the judge would have something to say about the
> > fact that the modules interface is delibrately changed all the time
> > with stated intent of breaking binary drivers.
>
> Where do you people _find_ these ideas?

Oh, I don't know, years of reading this list maybe? Come on, Linus,
do you really need me to go surfing around to find all the postings to
the list where people were saying that's why change is good? I *know*
you have said it. Don't play dumb, you have and you know it.

Yeah, you have said that part of it is that you retain the right to
fix things that need to be fixed and that part I agree with 100%.
Broken interfaces suck and fixing them should be your right. Agreed.
But is that all? I don't think so and I've been here for 10 years.
--
---