SubjectRE: Linux GPL and binary module exception clause?
Date

> Notice? This is actually _exactly_ what I've been arguing all along,
> except I've been arguing with a technical audience, so I've been using
> technical examples and terminology. But my argument is that just the fact
> that somebody compiled the code for Linux into a binary module that is
> useless without a particular version of the kernel DOES MAKE IT A DERIVED
> WORK.

So I'd need a license from Ford to make an aftermarket bumper. Their design
is protected by copyright and my bumper is useless without a Ford car. You
keep arguing for the type of world I don't want to live in. I really hope
you're wrong.

DS

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.137 / U:3.900 seconds]