SubjectRe: 2.6.0test11 overwriting file on mounted smb volume causes corrupted files!
Date
Hi Ookhoi,

> > [Please CC to me directly, I'm not on the linix kernel mailing list]
> >
> > [1.] One line summary of the problem:
> >
> > 2.6.0test11 overwriting file on mounted smb volume causes corrupted
files!

> I saw te same with -test9 with cifs.
> For some reason the November archive of
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/ is gone, but google has
> my report cached. Search for:
>
> "problem with updating files on cifs mount"
>
> I'm still stuck btw.

I believe that this issue is a memorymanagement issue, because cifs and
smbfs
are ram based file systems. This could be a even more critical issue then we
are expecting.

This is really causing file damages in eventually more than just smbfs and
cifs
systems.

Daniel

PS: I made a second Thread with "PROBLEM: Corrupt files with kernel
2.6.0_test11 and smb mounts" in the
subject, to meet the bug report requirements.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.164 / U:0.076 seconds]