    SubjectRe: XFS for 2.4
    I'd like to "third" this request. Have a large amount of data here on
    XFS with v2.4 kernel.

    Would be nice to be able to use pre-release 2.4 for testing without
    having to manually hack in XFS paches from SGI for the odd reject...

    Dan Yocum wrote:
    > Marcelo,
    > We (Fermilab) second this request. We won't be touching 2.6 until it's
    > really stable (read as, Red Hat comes out with an official distro that
    > has it built in), and we already have *a lot* of XFS filesystems here
    > (~>300TB) running on 2.4 kernels. It would be very, very nice to have
    > it in the 2.4 tree without having to pull it from SGI.
    > Thanks,
    > Dan
    > Nathan Scott wrote:
    >> Hi Marcelo,
    >> Please do a
    >> bk pull
    >> This will merge the core 2.4 kernel changes required for supporting
    >> the XFS filesystem, as listed below. If this all looks acceptable,
    >> then please also pull the filesystem-specific code (fs/xfs/*)
    >> bk pull
    >> cheers.

    Bryan Whitehead
    SysAdmin - JPL - Interferometry and Large Optical Systems
    Phone: 818 354 2903

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.027 / U:2.488 seconds]