    SubjectRe: Bug (?) in subsystem kset refcounts
    On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 12:01:41PM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
    > It's unfortunate that initialization of various parts of a kobject or
    > driver-model object is so order-sensitive. Worse yet is the fact that
    > these dependencies are not mentioned in Documentation/kobject.txt,
    > Documentation/driver-model, include/linux/kobject.h, or
    > include/linux/device.h. Wouldn't it be a good idea to add, for example to
    > Documentation/kobject.txt, a description of which members of struct
    > kobject must be initialized before calling kobject_init() and which must
    > be initialized before calling kobject_add()? And of course to do the same
    > for all the other important structures as well.

    I agree. More documentation is definitely needed. I know Pat has some
    documentation changes queued up, but patches to update portions that are
    missing (such as these requirements) will always be gladly accepted.

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.020 / U:2.584 seconds]