    SubjectRe: 2.6-test6: nanosleep+SIGCONT weirdness
    Date
    On Saturday 08 November 2003 20:45, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > > That nanosleep restart seems to be broken, and quite frankly,
    > > looking at the mess in kernel/posix-timers.c I'm not all that
    > > surprised. The code is total and absolute crap. I have no idea how
    > > it's even supposed to work.
    >
    > I'd suggest just removing the regular nanosleep() emulation from
    > there. The clock_nanosleep() restart is likely still broken, but at
    > least this way the _regular_ nanosleep() system call works correctly,
    > and fixing clock_nanosleep() is likely easier since the restart stuff
    > doesn't have to worry about _which_ system call it should restart.
    >
    > Denis, does this work for you?

    Does not seem to work, same symptoms 8(

    Although I did not do make clean since build system is supposed to be
    fixed. I just patched the tree where kernel was already built,
    and rebuild it (make bzImage modules modules_install).

    Will apply to pristine test6 tree (or test9 - need to check whether it
    is downloaded or not yet) and retest
    --
    vda