Subjectlibata testing on new machine with ICH5 and PDC20318
I'm building a new server to go into a colo facility in about six weeks;
the machine will have an Intel motherboard with an ICH5R (although I
won't use the RAID features) and a Promise SATA150 TX4 (no RAID
support). All six SATA ports will have Seagate 160GB Barracuda drives
attached, and I plan on using software RAID-5 and LVM2 on top of the array.
I will be building the system using 2.6.0-test9, so will be using libata
to drive the disks. If there's anything I can help with
debugging/testing the ICH and/or Promise SATA drivers let me know... I
see that recently Jeff posted a small patch for some SATA reset issues
against -test9, so I'll certainly start out with that included.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans