    SubjectRe: test9: suspend no go

    > |>A little contribution to the ongoing suspend saga. This is a Sony Vaio
    > |>SRX51P Laptop (P3 Mobile CPU, i820 chipset).
    > | Few tips:
    > |
    > | If you want to trick swsusp/S3 into working, you might want to try:
    > |
    > | * go with minimal config, turn off drivers like USB you don't really
    > | need
    > |
    > Tried it with minimal config. Base problem is, that after suspending,
    > I've no way to wake up the laptop again, but power cycling.

    Well, that's expected I believe. You use power button to wake it up...

    > That means:
    > ~ "mem": after power cycling it is doing a 'normal' reboot. (okay memory
    > contents is lost, so this is somewhat expected)

    Lets solve S3 later...

    > ~ "disk": hey, after power cycling it indeed resumes to the previous
    > state. so I tried to compile in some more stuff. What breaks it is AGP
    > support :-(. Are there any patches around which may fix this?

    No, someone needs to do the work.

    > Any idea, why the laptop is not powering on again after suspend? I can
    > hold down the power switch as long as I want to, but the laptop doesn't
    > do a thing.

    Seems like hardware bug? [So you have to remove battery/AC then
    Horseback riding is like software...
    ...vgf orggre jura vgf serr.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.020 / U:2.692 seconds]