    From off the air
    As many of you have figured out, I took (aka,, and of the air yesterday due to the breakin
    that attempted to add a trojan horse to the kernel source.

    I took it down after talking with Linus and Dave about it, the point was to
    shut down the disk drive so that we can go do forensics on it after the fact
    and see what we can figure out. Maybe someone can track down who caused the

    This means someone has to go down to the colo with a new disk and do
    an install and we've been too busy to do this. Would anyone object if
    this wasn't done until this weekend? We're pretty booked up here with
    other work. Last I checked only about 6 IP addresses where using the CVS
    server, I've never checked on the SVN server (Ben? You have any idea?).
    Larry McVoy lm at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.024 / U:1.648 seconds]