SubjectRe: 2.9test9-mm1 and DAO ATAPI cd-burning corrupt
Date
In article <20031105101207.GI1477@suse.de>, Jens Axboe  <axboe@suse.de> wrote:

| k3b is probably still going through ide-scsi which you must not. It
| would be interesting if you could try without ide-scsi and use cdrecord
| manually (maybe someone more knowledgable on k3b can common on whether
| they support 2.6 or not). 2.6 will be a lot faster than 2.4.

I'm not sure what you mean by faster, burning runs at device limited
speed in CPU time in the less than 1% range if you remember to enable
DMA. The last time I looked DMA didn't work in either kernel if write
size was not a multiple of 1k, (or 2k?) has that changed?

I'm not sure what you meant by faster, so don't think I'm disagreeing
with you.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc