SubjectRe: 2.9test9-mm1 and DAO ATAPI cd-burning corrupt
Jens Axboe wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05 2003, Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
>
>>Jens Axboe wrote:

>>>it's a cdrecord option, I've never used k3b so cannot comment on how to
>>>make it enable that.
>>
>>Hmm, I'll take a look, but I don't really think it is a problem of the
>>recording programme, otherwise how could my reader read it out completely?
>

> It isn't a problem of the recorder program. But some drives wont read
> the very end of a disc unless there are some pad blocks at the end.
> Thus, you should always use the cdrecord pad option.

Uhm, ok, I just took a look at the source image and the last (missing)
4096 bytes are just 00, so nothing critical missing anyway...so your pad
parameter sounds sensible. :) Should drop a note to the k3b devs then,
as well...

> SG_IO or CDROM_SEND_PACKET? The latter should never have been merged in
> cdrecord, and you should never use it. If it is using SG_IO, I'm very
> interested in knowing more. vmstat 1 while doing the burn would be
> interesting, just for 10 seconds where you see the problem.

Uhh, I'll try to find out. I must go now, but I'll report back later.

>>probably is a new issue. Furthermore my hd reading (I once contacted you
>>because of that) didn't improve with the new kernel, though some
>>bugfixes in this directions are mentioned by Andrew Morton.
>

> Don't remember, sorry :)

I probably will make a new topic regarding issues (I think) I found with
the new mm kernel.

cya,

Prakash

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.180 / U:0.868 seconds]