SubjectRe: 2.9test9-mm1 and DAO ATAPI cd-burning corrupt
Jens Axboe wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05 2003, Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
>
>>Jens Axboe wrote:

>>>You need to use the pad option to record.
>>
>>Uhm, could you be more specific? I just use the k3b frontend to burn,
>>and in the cdrdao manual I couldn't find something useful to it.
>

> it's a cdrecord option, I've never used k3b so cannot comment on how to
> make it enable that.

Hmm, I'll take a look, but I don't really think it is a problem of the
recording programme, otherwise how could my reader read it out completely?

>>SOmething else I noticed with new 2.6tes9-mm2 kernel: Now the mouse
>>stutters slighty when burning (in atapi mode). I am now using as
>>sheduler. Shoudl I try deadline or do you this it is something else?
>>Should I open a new topic?
>

> k3b is probably still going through ide-scsi which you must not. It
> would be interesting if you could try without ide-scsi and use cdrecord
> manually (maybe someone more knowledgable on k3b can common on whether
> they support 2.6 or not). 2.6 will be a lot faster than 2.4.

No, it uses atapi as a) it claims to be compatible with it and b) I have
neither activated scsi nor scsi-emulation in the kernel, so it most
probably is a new issue. Furthermore my hd reading (I once contacted you
because of that) didn't improve with the new kernel, though some
bugfixes in this directions are mentioned by Andrew Morton.

Prakash

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans