    SubjectRe: Silicon Image 3112A SATA trouble
    On Sunday 30 of November 2003 18:19, Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
    > Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
    > > In 2.6.x there is no max_kb_per_request setting in
    > > /proc/ide/hdx/settings. Therefore
    > > echo "max_kb_per_request:128" > /proc/ide/hde/settings
    > > does not work.
    > >
    > > Hmm. actually I was under influence that we have generic ioctls in 2.6.x,
    > > but I can find only BLKSECTGET, BLKSECTSET was somehow lost. Jens?
    > >
    > > Prakash, please try patch and maybe you will have 2 working drivers now
    > > :-).
    > OK, this driver fixes the transfer rate problem. Nice, so I wanted to do
    > the right thing, but it didn't work, as you explained... Thanks.

    > Nevertheless there is still the issue left:
    > hdparm -d1 /dev/hde makes the drive get major havoc (something like:
    > ide: dma_intr: status=0x58 { DriveReady, SeekCOmplete, DataRequest}
    > ide status timeout=0xd8{Busy}; messages taken from swsups kernal panic
    > ). Have to do a hard reset. I guess it is the same reason why swsusp
    > gets a kernel panic when it sends PM commands to siimage.c. (Mybe the
    > same error is in libata causing the same kernel panic on swsusp.)
    > Any clues?

    Strange. While doing 'hdparm -d1 /dev/hde' the same code path is executed
    which is executed during boot so probably device is in different state or you
    hit some weird driver bug :/.

    And you are right, thats the reason why swsusp panics.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.021 / U:183.724 seconds]