    SubjectRE: interrupts across PCI bridge(s) not handled

    On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Charles Martin wrote:
    > I enabled ACPI, and the interrupts are now assigned correctly,
    > and in the range of 48-51:

    > I didn't realize that ACPI is related to interrupt management
    > as well as power control. Is there any downside to using ACPI?

    The downside to ACPI is that it's a complex standard, and with complexity
    comes the inevitable bugs. As you just found out, it does a lot more than
    just power control (the "C" is for "Configuration").

    On some machines the ACPI support is even more broken than other BIOS
    tables, but it's getting better.

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.023 / U:21.560 seconds]