    SubjectRe: APM Suspend Problem
    I would like to join in here. I have a Thinkpad T20 I just put
    2.6.0-test11 on and APM will only suspend properly if the power plug is
    pulled out of the back (thanks for that tip, btw). With power connected,
    it plays a high-low beep and turns off screen and HD without suspending
    properly (and if left too long, may not come back to life).

    I believe I read somewhere there is some kind of settings to override
    power features when AC power is connected. Perhaps this problem is
    related to that. I tried running "apm -i" and "apm -n" but it wouldn't
    recognize the commands as set out in the man page.

    If I stop apmd AND rmmod apm then I can suspend by closing the lid
    (hardware suspend I guess) but then I have no battery monitor capability.

    I tried ACPI but it would not work without =force as a kernel parameter
    and when used, did not cleanly come back from a suspend.

    APM worked perfectly in 2.4.20 which is what I used up to today. Are the
    APM/ACPI people out there?

    an interesting email on "suspend rejects" caused by kernel drivers from
    a year ago or more:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.020 / U:36.276 seconds]